Monday, August 1, 2011

Belated House Tour

We moved into our new house in April, received our furniture and other goodies a few weeks later, and have spent the time since then unpacking and trying to find space for all the stuff we accumulated while living in a two bedroom, 2.5 bathroom townhouse with tons of closet space and a basement! 

We spent a lot of time looking for the perfect place in Iwakuni and I think we found it. Part of the delay in moving in was that it was still being built! Many places in Iwakuni have mold problems since we're so close to the ocean, so I'm relieved that we won't have to deal with that. It's also great because we are the very first people to live in our house! The house was in perfect shape when we moved in, so any bumps and scuffs are our faults. Just don't tell the landlord in three years :)

I recorded this before our government loaner furniture was delivered, before our express shipment, and obviously before our household goods came over. We were still pretty fresh from our two weeks in Michigan, so excuse my EXTREME midwestern accent. I don't think it's that strong anymore!

Have a peek at the bones while I take pictures of the house as a home:


I'll do another tour in the next week so you can see the progress. What would you do with all that room for activities? I'll show you our arrangement soon!

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to visit and see it in person! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting your room ready right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're adorable. ^__^ Love the spiral staircase and mini balcony upstairs! Got room for one more? ;)

    ReplyDelete